Purpose:

This site is a MIX of Haute Couture and other creative endeavors. Thanks for stopping by x

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sustainable Fashion Meets Sustainable Communities


I've been working on this repurposed dress for a charity auction being held May 20th. The purpose of this auction is to give proceeds to CAAAV, Committee Against Anti Asian Violence. For more info, click here. All is welcome! 
I'm going to miss you dress. I feel like a proud mother who is watching her child go off to college...
This repurposed gown is made up of 1970's silk scarves found at Artists and Fleas in Williamsburg. The pink solid silk fabric are scraps of lining from an evening wear dress. The belt was found at Brooklyn Flea in Fort Greene. The tie is faux suede, as I didn't want to use real suede. I also minimized the machine work and did as much as I could by hand. FINISHED! Now I can have my week ends back but this dress was made with LOVE





No comments:

Post a Comment