Purpose:

This site is a MIX of Haute Couture and other creative endeavors. Thanks for stopping by x

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Love Haute Couture

This blog is not associated with The Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture. But I do appreciate this art.
Haute Couture is not your wedding gown (unless it was designed by a design house, it is handmade and one of a kind) It should probably cost over $1,000,000.

Within The Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, there are Official Members, Correspondent Members, Guest Members, Jewelry, and Accessories. It's an ordeal and I personally can't stand it when a brand calls their gown a "Couture" gown. They are all being made in a factory. It's an insult. It's like calling McDonald's a four star restaurant.

This year's Haute Couture shows didn't stand out to me. I think that it is a dying art, and I feel they are trying to stay alive by compromising their look to be similar to ready-to-wear.

This is why I am dedicating this site to Haute Couture. When I first went to Paris way back when, the main reason why I continue to be in fashion is Haute Couture. It's the heart of fashion, and a forgotten art.

I hope it doesn't start to go in the sportwear direction because then I will not have a blog anymore - or I'll have to go backwards and revisit all the old Haute Couture looks.

This year, by far, my favorite is Givenchy. I loved it during Hubert de Givenchy's time, and I love what Riccardo Tisci has done today.

Givenchy in the 1950's




Givenchy now Fall 2010/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment