Purpose:

This site is a MIX of Haute Couture and other creative endeavors. Thanks for stopping by x

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Project => The Concept

After posting Dior's Spring 2011 Couture Collection, I wanted to make something. I headed to Soho and purchased a leather jacket from All Saints.  I just love the feel and the silhouette of this jacket. It's nowhere near handmade, but it is definitely a big part of my next design because I will pair this jacket with whatever I do make.
Leather jacket from All Saints. I just put it on my dress form which happened to have my necklace from India.
So now I have textures in mind, especially after seeing Givenchy's Spring 2011 Couture Collection. I thought of the textures of La Sagrada Familia, when I revisited Barcelona in 2009.


Textures, lighting, dark vs. light. Let's see what kinds of sketches I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment