Purpose:

This site is a MIX of Haute Couture and other creative endeavors. Thanks for stopping by x

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Project => Initial Sketches

Lazy Sunday... wearing green yoga pants and a white racerback tank from Alternative Apparel (I got this in Peru) I sat here at my work table sketching and drinking coffee while listening to Daft Punk. So... here are initial rough sketches based on what I saw from the Couture shows, shopping and La Sagrada Familia. They will change since I haven't looked at fabric or draped any of it.

When I lived in Paris in 1999, my illustration teacher/ mentor, Alan Faye, who taught at Parsons Paris taught me that I shouldn't erase, just draw over... then at Parsons New York, one teacher told me not to be so scratchy with my lines - I can't help it. I like to sketch like that, and I also like to have incomplete legs and hands and faces... I don't know why. But keep in mind, these are still very rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment