Purpose:

This site is a MIX of Haute Couture and other creative endeavors. Thanks for stopping by x

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fashion Week Overview

I'm definitely not the trend provoking opinionator, but I have been watching a lot of the shows. I saw Y-3 and a guy named Mike Vensel live, that's about it as far as shows go. However, I can tell you what I've seen and what I've liked.

Definitely there's a 1920's look, which was evident in Marc Jacobs, Gucci and Etro. There are also these little bandeaus everywhere, I remember in Prada and CNC Costume National. I don't think that's going to last long, Most of these ladies aren’t exactly into wearing little bandeaus. I love them, but I wear them underneath things. In London, Burberry has Raffia in their coats, and I heard Tom Ford had it running through his skirts.


Colors. I don’t know. They range from these deeper earthy colors to these horrible pastel-y sherbert looking colors. I just want to eat it, not wear it.

The show that really got me feeling all the emotions though? Oscar de La Renta. It’s gorgeous. It’s probably why he’s one of the best. Well, there’s still a few days left in Milan, then Paris! Can’t wait to see Lanvin, Gaultier, Viktor and Rolf, Yohji Yamamoto, Stella McCartney, Vivienne Westwood, Givenchy, Dior, etc. etc. That’s the place to see it. I am sure I won’t be disappointed.

In the meantime, here is a little something to make you smile. Oscar De La Renta’s Spring 2012 Runway Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment