Purpose:

This site is a MIX of Haute Couture and other creative endeavors. Thanks for stopping by x

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chinese New Year

Next on the line is putting together my mood board and working out more sketches. First, I'd like to talk about Chinese New Year. It's the year of the Rabbit on February 3rd. I'm celebrating it by having dinner with a close friend, New Year's Eve at a Chinese restaurant. As we emailed, she told me her favorite place was "Super Taste" and she also liked "Excellent Pork Chop" and "Tasty Hand Pulled Noodles". What's up with the names?

Speaking of interesting names, ever heard of the movie "Curse of the Golden Flower"? The costumes are stunning, that I wonder how many hours it took to make each dress or headpiece. I won't ever know since I didn't live during an Emporer's reign but I assume it is as intricate as Haute Couture pieces, maybe even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment